A place where laughter is a part of life

A place where laughter is a part of life
Photograph: www.bixby.berkeley.edu

17 January 2011

So Why "Naked in Nigeria?"

Anyone who's ever left a corporate role knows all too well that feeling of getting "naked" on your last day as you return your technology, keys, confidential information, ID and anything else that isn't actually part of your genetic make up.

Following that came the task of "stripping" my possessions back to the bare essentials.  Take a moment to think about what you can fit into a 30kg baggage allowance.

But it's more than that.  This year is also about getting "naked" emotionally.  It's about pushing beyond my comfort zone and getting to know myself, my hot buttons, my passions and my skills.

Come join me at my most vulnerable as I share the highs and lows, the achievements, the lessons, the moments of magic and mystery. Perhaps we'll all learn a little something?  At the very least, we'll have a great laugh along the way!

4 comments:

  1. We envy your courage and wish you every good fortune as you embark on your new life.
    Jan and Roy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah - love the look of your blog. I will be following it ardently! Good luck with the last few days of your "normal" life....Hmmm, 30 kg's only - that's going to be a challenge!!!

    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Impressed already. Enjoy your skinny dip, although I prefer a chunky dunk!!

    Thanks for allowing me to share your journey.
    xx
    Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Sarah,
    hope you had safe travels! Can't wait for the first updates... look after yourself!
    x
    Hana

    ReplyDelete